- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1/2 pound cooked fresh Spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small Spanish Onion, diced
- 4 cups mushroom or vegetable stock
- 1/2 pound fresh oyster mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 12 oil-cured, sun dried Tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil (for grilling)
Cook the rice. Set aside. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, Onion and oyster mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes. Add the stock and sour cream. Cook until sauce is slightly reduced. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Prepare the portobello mushrooms by removing their stems and wiping the caps clean with a damp paper towel. Brush them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-heat, gill sides up, for about 5 minutes. Put 1/2 cup rice on each plate and flatten, top with portobello followed by the cooked Spinach. Pour the sauce over it and sprinkle with chopped, sun-dried Tomatoes. Serves four.