- 1 large Fennel bulb (or 2 small ones)
- 1 head of Romaine Lettuce
- 8 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Parsley, finely chopped
- Chunk of imported Parmesan Cheese
- Sea salt and coarsely ground pepper
Tear Lettuce leaves and distribute over four plates. Slice the Fennel bulb crosswise in thin slices and place on top of the Lettuce. Shake the oil and vinegar in a jar, then drizzle over salad. Sprinkle on the Parsley, then shave the cheese onto each salad, using the largest hole in your cheese grater, so that you produce big curls. Add salt to taste and several grindings of pepper per plate.