- 2 1/2 to 3 pound Butternut Squash
- 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cubed
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Combine the cubed Butternut Squash, cubed apples, chicken broth and cinnamon sticks in a large soup pot. Bring to a boil. Turn heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes until the Squash and apples are fork-tender.
Discard the cinnamon sticks. In batches, purée the chicken broth, Squash and apples in a blender until smooth. Pour into another soup pot.
Add the butter, cream, maple syrup, salt, nutmeg and ginger to the soup. Simmer over low heat for an hour. Serve piping hot. Serves 10.