- 1 large red Tomato, cored and chunked
- 12 large fresh Mint leaves, coarsely chopped, plus a few whole leaves for garnish
- 1½ cups bite-size cubes seeded Watermelon
- 2 large Tomatoes, any color, cored and cut into bite-sized cubes, or about 3/4 pound Cherry or Pear Tomatoes in assorted colors, sliced in half
- 1½ teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- ½ cup (about 2-3 ounces) crumbled feta
Put the chunked Tomato into a blender and purée until completely smooth. Set a fine sieve over a medium bowl, pour the Tomato purée into the sieve, and allow to drain for at least 10 minutes. Reserve the resulting Tomato water, which should be about 1/4-1/3 cup.
In another medium bowl, combine the chopped Mint, Watermelon, Tomato cubes, salt, a few grinds of pepper, the olive oil, and the champagne vinegar. Toss gently to combine.
Prepare salads individually by spooning a tablespoon of the reserved Tomato water onto a plate (chilled if you like), topping it with a quarter of the Watermelon and Tomato mixture, sprinkling 2 tablespoons of crumbled feta on top, and garnishing with a Mint leaf. Serve immediately. Serves 4.