- 3 quarts homemade chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sweet butter (one stick)
- 1 finely chopped yellow Onion
- 1 pound Arborio rice
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 4 cups small Cauliflower florets
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
In a large stock pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer.
In a Dutch oven, melt half of the butter. Add the finely chopped Onion and cook over low heat until soft, about 8 minutes. Add the rice, stirring well to coat in butter. Sprinkle the saffron threads over the rice, stirring well for 1 minute to break it down and distribute it. Increase heat under the rice and add 2 cups of warm chicken broth, stirring constantly until fully absorbed.
Add the Cauliflower florets, stirring to combine. Continue adding broth in 2 cup portions, stirring until absorbed, until you’ve added all of the chicken broth and the rice is al dente. Finish by stirring in the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and the freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.