- 4 heads Belgian Endive
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (for brushing)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat a broiler (grill). Cut each Endive in half lengthwise and brush well with oil. Place Endives, cut side down, on broiler pan and cook until lightly golden, about 2 minutes. Do not turn. Arrange Endives on serving plates.
Combine olive oil, vinegar and salt and pepper to taste in a screw-top jar and shake well. Drizzle over Endives and top with goat cheese and walnuts. Serves 4.