- 6 ears of raw Corn (about 4 cups)
- 2 Shallots, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 8-ounce cream cheese, softened
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- White pepper to taste
- Optional: 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or jalapeno Monterey Jack cheese
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Butter a 9 x13 - inch baking dish.
Slice the kernels off the Corn cobs along with any of the Sweet Corn "milk". Put it in a food processor and pulse sporadically until it is just rough chopped (not a paste).
In a skillet, sauté the Shallots and Garlic in the butter over medium low heat until soft and translucent.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well to combine. Slowly pour in the heavy cream, mixing well. Add the rough chopped Corn from the food processor and the sauteed Shallots and Garlic, whisking to combine. Add the melted butter, whisking to combine. Add the sugar, flour and salt, mixing well to combine. (Optional: at this point, you can add shredded cheddar or jalapeno Monterey Jack cheese, stirring well to combine.)
Pour the Corn custard into the prepared baking dish. Bake for one hour until set. Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving. Serves 6.