- 1 pound small Brussels Sprouts
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 medium Shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh Parsley leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
Trim and discard a layer or two of loose outer leaves from each Brussels Sprout. Trim a thin slice from the stem end of each Sprout. Set the trimmed Brussels Sprouts aside.
Melt the butter in a large sauté pan. Add the Shallots and sauté over medium heat until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the Brussels Sprouts, cream, stock and salt to taste. Cover and simmer until the Sprouts are tender, about 10 minutes.
Remove the cover and stir in the mustard, Parsley and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasonings. Serve immediately. Serves 4 as a side dish.